Autumn is a beautiful season. In fact, it’s one of the best times of the year to get out onto the road for an awe-inspiring drive. However, fall can present some driving hazards, too. A-1 Glass Masters, your local provider of auto glass repair, wants to help you to stay safe. Here are our top fall driving safety tips so you can see the leaves without getting into harm’s way:
- Make necessary car adjustments and repairs – Now is a great time to get any car problems fixed before colder weather comes around. As it gets colder, your car can start to struggle in a number of ways. If your windshield is broken or your check engine light is on, be sure to get it fixed now. Don’t forget to check your tire pressure, too.
- Don’t drive late at night – Try to avoid late night drives. With the time change, there will be less light and reduced visibility. If you can, try to keep your driving within the daytime hours.
- Be mindful of water on the road – Make sure to watch out for water on the road. Even if a water puddle looks small and shallow, it can still cause your car to hydroplane.
- Keep sunglasses handy – The sun can create quite a glare this time of year. Try to always have a pair on sunglasses on hand and make sure to keep your windshield nice and clean.
- Watch out for animals – Finally, animals are out about this time of year. Deer are a special concern since autumn is their mating season. Make sure to keep an eye out for these animals as you’re driving this fall.
Putting these safety tips into practice will reduce your chances of getting auto glass damage. However, accidents can’t always be avoided. If you find yourself in need of auto glass repair or replacement, call A-1 Glass Masters for fast service.